Monday, November 14, 2011

Apple Pie Snack Mix


November most definitely screams Apple Pie and this crunchy snack mix would go perfect in the lunch box and it's sooooo good!

Apple Pie Snack Mix

3 cups Cinnamon Chex (if generic existed, I would have used it)
3 cups Rice Chex (I did actually use generic here)
1 cup toasted walnut pieces
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 T. molasses
3 T. butter
1 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
2 cups freeze dried apples, coarsely chopped if needed
8 oz. vanilla yogurt raisins

In a large bowl mix cereals and walnuts. Set aside.

In a small bowl combine sugar, butter, molasses and spices. Microwave for 1 minute, stir, then microwave for 30 more seconds.

Pour over cereal mix and toss until evenly coated. (or as best as you can, I never feel like I can toss quickly enough for a good coating)

Microwave for 4 minutes but stop every minute to toss. After 4 minutes of cooking, spread on cookie sheet to cool. When cool add apples and yogurt raisins and toss one last time.

Store in airtight container.




**recipe adapted from this recipe

2 comments:

  1. yummy. I'm going to try it some time. Gotta save it on my desktop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete